Welcome to my blog about making molds. My name is Alex and I am a sculptor, ceramist, and mold maker working near Santa Fe, NM. I created this blog to promote my side-business making plaster molds for other clay artists. Please contact me if you need some made.



ABOUT THE MOLD MAKER

Hello, and thanks for checking out my new blog. My name is Alex and I am passionate about ceramics, public art, skateboarding, and my girlfriend Mary ;). In the art world, I tend to work in two veins: hand-built figurative sculpture mixed with press-molded tile patterns. The latter has required a lot of plaster mold making, which in time became something I love to do. Primarily I try to do public art commissions, but that work isn't yet steady and in those in between times I fall back on a myriad of skill sets. More and more that has become making molds for other clay artists. Believe it or not, I actually like making molds, which is only funny because it seems like most other people don't. For me, this fill-in work is fun and most importantly keeps me in the studio, and pays for a roof over my head when I'm not getting paid to make my own art. I've been sporadically making molds for other people the last 5 years. In that time I have made hundreds of molds for myself and other artists. Usually it's for people that are local, but upon moving from North Carolina to New Mexico, I have started shipping molds too. I am grateful to have this kind of work and hope you will contact me if you need some molds made. If I'm not in the middle of a big commission, I would be stoked to accommodate you.